NAD C268 Power Amplifier
As a member of NAD’s Classic Series, the C 268 delivers a richly satisfying sonic performance thanks to its “music-first” features. Accurate channel balance, proper input and output impedance characteristics, and low noise circuits all come together within this one stereo power amplifier. Additionally the C 268’s line inputs, both balanced and single-ended, can accommodate all kinds of analogue source components by offering ideal input impedance traits with linear ultra-low-noise buffer amplifiers to prevent any sonic degradation caused by unfitting loading of the source device.
The C 268 uses a customized version of the proven Hypex UcD output stage. This allows for massive power with nearly immeasurable distortion and noise in the audible range. Every detail of this design has been carefully crafted and perfectly executed to wring out ever last drop of performance.
The power supply of the C 268 is capable of nearly 200 watts continuously and over 500 watts instantaneously, allowing for short term musical transients. NAD’s innovative asymmetrical PowerDrive fully utilizes every last watt available with its vast reserves of dynamic power available to accurately reproduce the most demanding music without distortion or compression. It can also operate with any AC mains voltage from 100V to 240V, and provides pure DC power to all the various stages of the C 268. This highly efficient supply also provides near perfect regulation of voltage across a wide range of conditions and provides a solid noise-free foundation for the amplifying stages.
- Continuous output power into 8 and 4 Ohms(Stereo mode) 80W (ref. 20 Hz-20 kHz at rated THD, both channels driven)
- Continuous output power into 8 Ohms (Bridge mode) 300W (ref. 20 Hz – 20 kHz at THD 0.03%)
- THD (20 Hz – 20 kHz) <0.03 % (250 mW to 80 W, 8 Ohms and 4 Ohms)
- IHF dynamic power (Stereo mode, at 1 kHz 1 % THD) - 8 Ohms 120W; 4 Ohms 200W; 2 Ohms 250W
- Damping Factor >100 (ref. 8 ohms 20 Hz – 20 kHz)
- Input Sensitivity (for 80 W in 8 Ohms) 750mV/50kohms
- Frequency Response ±0.3 dB (20 Hz – 20 kHz)
- Standby power <0.5W
- Unit Dimension (WxHxD) – Gross 435 x 100 x 390 mm
- Net weight 7.3 kg (16.1 lbs)
- Shipping weight 8.7 kg (19.2 lbs)