Parasound Halo JC3 Jr Phono Preamplifier
Enjoy toe-curling analog performance at a real world price with the superb John Curl designed Parasound Halo JC3 Jr.!
Since its introduction to a torrent of rave reviews, the JC3 Jr has upended its market segment, by offering most of the performance of the legendary JC3+, at half the price - and in an elegant slim chassis. Very highly recommended.
Recently named to the TAS 50 Greatest Bargains in High End Audio.
The JC3 Jr unit actually comes alive in its balanced mode, though. The balanced connection is a swinging connection. That is, it grooved in a serious manner with both an impressive tonal balance but also a sense of sonic rightness that allowed the music to drift in a carefree and naturalistic manner. - Paul Rigby, The Audiophile Man
Highlights of the JC3 Jr.
- Circuitry designed by legendary John Curl
- Circuit board layout by Carl Thompson
- Cartridge options for 47k Ω MM and MC/MI
- Variable MC impedance adjustment of 50-550 ohms
- Gain select for 40 dB/50 dB/60 dB unbalanced (46 dB/56 dB/66 dB balanced)
- Balanced and unbalanced outputs
- Mono switch can improve sound of mono & older LPs
- Convenient auto turn-on by 12V trigger
- RIAA accurate to within 0.2 dB
- Incredible S/N up to 94 dB and THD less than 0.02%
- Vishay-Dale resistors in the audio path
- Aluminum shield separates power supply and audio circuits
- Shielded toroid power transformer
- High speed-soft recovery bridge rectifiers and common mode inductors
- Vampire brand 24k gold-plated RCA jacks
- Neutrik brand locking balanced XLR outputs connectors
- Compact 1U chassis (2.5" high with feet)
- Available in silver or black