Parasound Halo JC3 Jr Phono Preamplifier
Enjoy toe-curling analog performance at a real world price with the superb John Curl designed Parasound Halo JC3 Jr.!
Since its introduction to a torrent of rave reviews, the JC3 Jr has upended its market segment, by offering most of the performance of the legendary JC3+, at half the price - and in an elegant slim chassis. Very highly recommended.
The JC3 Jr unit actually comes alive in its balanced mode, though. The balanced connection is a swinging connection. That is, it grooved in a serious manner with both an impressive tonal balance but also a sense of sonic rightness that allowed the music to drift in a carefree and naturalistic manner. - Paul Rigby, The Audiophile Man
Read The Absolute Sound's Review
Highlights of the JC3 Jr.
- Circuitry designed by legendary John Curl
- Circuit board layout by Carl Thompson
- Cartridge options for 47k Ω MM and MC/MI
- Variable MC impedance adjustment of 50-550 ohms
- Gain select for 40 dB/50 dB/60 dB unbalanced (46 dB/56 dB/66 dB balanced)
- Balanced and unbalanced outputs
- Mono switch can improve sound of mono & older LPs
- Convenient auto turn-on by 12V trigger
- RIAA accurate to within 0.2 dB
- Incredible S/N up to 94 dB and THD less than 0.02%
- Vishay-Dale resistors in the audio path
- Aluminum shield separates power supply and audio circuits
- Shielded toroid power transformer
- High speed-soft recovery bridge rectifiers and common mode inductors
- Vampire brand 24k gold-plated RCA jacks
- Neutrik brand locking balanced XLR outputs connectors
- Compact 1U chassis (2.5" high with feet)
- Available in silver or black